Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Great health is truly a BLESSING!

Hello,

I am so excited that I have created my own blog to post my thoughts and ideas for my business!

Who am I, you ask? I am an independent Million Dollar Body fitness and business coach. I am a "walking billboard" for Hip Hop Abs. I am a person who loves God and wants Him to shine through this business. I am a daughter, a girlfriend, a hard worker, a marketer, and a businesswoman. I know that great health is truly a blessing - because I am living proof!

In 2005, I was diagnosed with endometriosis (a woman's disease where I have abnormal cycles). I had surgery to remove scar tissue and had part of my right ovary removed. In 2006, I was at my heaviest weight of 186 and was very unhealthy. My blood pressure was high, my cholesterol was high, and I was still dealing with endo. It did not help that my self-esteem and confidence levels were really, really terrible. I thought that looks did not matter, and I used that as my excuse to not do anything better. I felt tired all of the time. I hated shopping, because the size 16s were usually the first things to go. I was the "resolution breaker", starting out strong at the beginning of the year, but I gave up on myself and just stopped doing anything. I just did not like who I had become.

In January 2007, I had a blood pressure scare. I was not feeling well at work, and taking advice from my mama, I went to the nurses' office. They checked my blood pressure and immediately had me to lie down. She told me that my pressure was 168/101, which is very high. She informed me that I would have to see my doctor about this and maybe go on medication. I am not a big fan of medication, especially if I could do something about it. I knew I had to make a change, but I did not know exactly what to do. I was walking with a group at work, but I got bored with it and stopped. I was at 178 and miserable.

In March 2007, I saw an informercial for Hip Hop Abs. Now I NEVER order from informercials, but they looked like they were having a blast! After waffling back and forth, I ordered the program. I started when I received my DVDs. It was tough to get the moves at first, but I was determined to get it, plus Shaun T. made this so much fun to do!!

It is now January 15, 2008 (a bit over ten months later). I weighed in today at 136 pounds!! That's 42 pounds lighter than when I started, and one pound away from my goal of 135!!! I am so amazed! I have never stuck with an exercise program for this long and gotten such an incredible result before!!

What's most important to me is that my health has gotten so much better! My cholesterol is down to 203 (not where I need it to be, but MUCH better than it was), my blood pressure stays normal 100% of the time now, and my energy level is through the roof! I feel so much better. That's one of the reasons why I became a coach with MDB (the company that markets Hip Hop Abs and other great fitness and nutrition products) - because I have transformed myself so dramatically, I want to help others to do the same! In being blessed, I can be a blessing to other people! You see, great health IS truly a blessing!

I will be using this space to post about fitness and nutrition, my business goals and status, and other things I think are important.

I will blog more later.

No comments: