Sunday, June 1, 2008

Setting Goals

As we get ready to head into the month of June, it's time to take stock of where we are right now. I know that a lot of us have different goals for different areas of our lives (work, family, financial, spiritual), but do we have goals for our fitness and nutrition? It is important to figure out what direction we want to go, or it will be really, really hard for us to get there. All it takes is asking ourselves one question:

Where do I want to be in terms of my fitness and nutrition at the end of THIS month?

The reason we are just looking at the month and not at the ultimate goal is because it is so much easier to accomplish smaller steps on the way to the ultimate goal. It is more difficult (and depressing) to look at the big picture. Focus in on the smaller steps to get you to the big picture! I believe that if you write down specific things that you want to accomplish this month in fitness and nutrition, you WILL make those changes, and it will increase your motivation to do more!

Remember when you make your goals, make them SMART:
S - specific: Focus in on a few things that you are going to accomplish
M - measurable: Make sure that you have a method to see that you are making progress
A - achievable: Can you truly do this (do you believe in your ability)?
R - realistic: Is it realistically possible to achieve this?
T - timed: Your deadline for achievement on this goal

Here are a couple of my goals for June:
- I will finish the Rockin' Body rotation by the end of June.
- I will use the Team Beachbody meal planner at least 2 weeks of this month.

If you want to send me your goals so that we can hold each other accountable, you are more than welcome to do it! Just send me an email at misscmac@blessingoffitness.com with your fitness and nutrition goals, and I will help you stay accountable to them!! Now let's get those June goals DOWN! :-)

No comments: