Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Don't Let ANYONE Steal Your Joy!!

Don't Let ANYONE Steal Your Joy!!

I have been really going through the fire the past few weeks. I will spare you the details, but it seems like people are coming after me with the intent to bring me down. I started thinking, "Maybe there are others on my team who are going through a similar thing - maybe this will help them as well."

When you start your journey to better health and wellness, there are people who are there to support you all the way. Then there are those who say they support you, but are doing or saying things that make you think otherwise. People who take you out to lunch or dinner and say, "Oh, have a dessert - you deserve it with your hard work," or "You did not finish your meal. You usually clean your plate, and there's nowhere at work to save the rest. You might as well eat it," or my favorite, "You sure are working out a LOT/talking about weight loss and nutrition a LOT. Why don't you just take a break this week??" Or people, when you see great success, try to undermine all of your hard work or show you that it's "not a big deal".

Everyone, I am here to encourage you to not let these individuals steal your joy! They may be jealous of your accomplishments, or they may not know how to deal with the NEW YOU!! No matter what, go for your goals because they are YOURS! Romans 15:13 from the Amplified Bible says, "May the God of your hope so fill you with all joy and peace in believing [through the experience of your faith] that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound and be overflowing (bubbling over) with hope." Take the time today to be filled with joy and when those naysayers come along to bring you down, let your joy just OVERFLOW! Be focused on your ultimate goal (lose xx pounds, drop blood pressure to xxx/xx, drop cholesterol level to xxx, wear this outfit to my class reunion, etc.) and BELIEVE that it will happen for you!! Stay EXCITED about it!

I know that you can do whatever you put your mind to do! Fill yourself up with JOY about the goals you WILL achieve!! I am here to see you succeed!!

Have a wonderful day!

p.s. It's day 10 of my September Challenge! Everyone is doing so well in getting their workouts in! If you have not done your workouts yet, you still have time! Just 20 workouts in WOWY in 30 days - that's all - and you are entered into a drawing for a Beachbody Results Pack!! I keep a check every day to see if you have worked out, and am so excited about those who have pushed play! Keep up the GREAT work, everyone!! :-)

No comments: