Sunday, April 12, 2009

How Bad Do You Want This??

One of the survey responses I received a few months ago asked about how to stay focused on your goals of losing weight or getting toned. That is an excellent topic to talk about today.

I was reading over the customer bios yesterday, and read goals that really touched my heart and got me excited for my customers:




"My goal is to lose 110 pounds, gain strength, and tone my muscle."


"I want to get prepared for my 20th wedding anniversary in 2009 by getting my
body back! I need friends and motivation to do it."




"I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I bought Power 90 to
help me change."



"My health has made a turn for the worse. My doctor says I need to
make changes now - no excuses!"




In thinking about how you can stay focused, I heard something on a CD that really brought it home, and I hope this helps you as much as it is helping me. There are two questions that you desperately need to ask yourself. Those two questions are:


  1. What do you want to change?

  2. What are you going to do about it??

These questions are very powerful. This puts the ball in YOUR court. You have to put the focus on what you REALLY want. A lot of people call this your big why. What specifically is it that you want to do with your health and your fitness? Why does this mean so much to you? Most importantly, ARE YOU WILLING to make the choices necessary to make your changes happen??

One of my customers has asked me to email her every Monday to ask about her exercise and nutrition plan for the week. In her words, she is "...not giving up this time and wants that accountability each week to help move her forward." That's why I am here - to help you in any way I can. If it's an email each week to motivate you or share information with you, then I will do it. If you want to workout with me, then I will do it if it fits my schedule. If you want to talk about nutrition options or get a healthy recipe, then I can do that too. As your coach, I will do what it takes to help you succeed!!

I believe in you and the power within you to make the best choices for your life. I know that you can make these changes. I am not just saying these things - I truly believe you can!! However, I cannot make the changes for you - you are the only one who can make the decisions and take the right actions for getting what you want. You are responsible for your life, and you only have one life to live. Take the actions to make your goals REALITY!!!

How do you stay focused? Honestly answer the two questions above for yourself. Then TAKE ACTION on what you stated!

How bad do YOU want this??



Let me know how YOU answered these questions - leave a comment below!!

No comments: