Friday, June 26, 2009

Live Today for a Healthy Tomorrow

I have been contemplating last night and today about the passings of Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson - all happening this week. Michael was preparing to go on his comeback tour in late July. Makes me thankful about the days that we have been given. What precious little time we have on this earth, and we really don't know when our time will come.

Since we do not know when we are going to take our last breath, it behooves us to make sure that every breath we are given is full of life, health, and wellness. I look back over my life, and right now, I have never been healthier. I eat foods that energize me, I get exercise as much as possible, and I love helping others to see their healthier future.

I pray that you will stop and take a moment to get back to the basics. Renew your commitment to yourself and your fitness goals. Make them a priority. Take charge of what you eat every day. Enjoy the time that you exercise - make it fun. Find something new to try, like a new recipe or a new activity, and take action. You may find something you really enjoy. Eliminate as much stress as you can from your life - no use being anxious or worried. (That's something I personally need to take time to do; get rid of the stress!!) Spend time helping your family get fit as well. Ensure a legacy of good health for years to come.

Live today so fully, so completely that at the end of the day, you fall into bed exhausted with the joys of your accomplishments, and the determination to start again tomorrow! Your healthier tomorrow starts right now, because tomorrow is not promised to anyone.

Be blessed, and keep doing it BIG!! :-)

No comments: